XAMS (eXtended Account Management System) is a PHP-based application suite for managing electronic mail accounts on multiple domains in a virtual hosting environment. The XAMS eMail management system primarily consists of a powerful administration panel for managing users, aliases, mailbox quotas, and other mail-related functions.
Using XAMS, you can:
- Configure mail server settings via an easy-to-use GUI
- Manage any number of domains, mailboxes, and aliases
- Group domains together to function as a single entity
- Delegate the management of domains to resellers
- Impose quotas on mailbox sizes on a per-domain and per-mailbox basis
- Allow individual users to change their own mailbox passwords and other settings
XAMS manages these domains and user accounts in a database, entirely separate from your Unix system environment.
XAMS ties together and integrates with these packages to provide a coherent virtual hosting solution for e-mail:
- Exim, a flexible mail transfer agent (MTA) with an intuitive and flexible configuration system
- The Courier IMAP/POP server for mailbox access
- MySQL, a powerful, free database server, used for storing domain and account information.
XAMS is released under version 3 of the Gnu Public License (GPL). There are no restrictions for use, private or commercial, and it may be freely distributed.